- 1) It’s highschool, you’ll be okay with 3-4 years of dress code, stop acting so oppressed, shit sucks, but it’s temporary. You don’t see any guys walking around highschool shirtless, it’s just a school thing.
- 2) I’ve never heard the justification of those dress codes being that “boys will be boys.” That is just retarded.
- 3) Saying the words “rape culture” is promoting the idea that rape culture actually exists, which, it doesn’t. Assholes exist, not a culture of rapists that tell girls they can’t wear revealing clothes in highschool. like, wat.
- 4) I do agree that it’s not distracting to other students or faculty and that is complete bullshit, but to say it’s promoting “rape culture” is just pushing the envelope too damn far.
- 5) If you want to insist that “rape culture” exists, you better include the girls that lie about it and put guys in jail for the sake of being a heartless person for their own personal vendettas.
Notice its only feminists getting pstd from the internet? Wonder what would happen if something traumatic actually happened to them. They can claim the PSTD is real but in doing so will state that they are not strong enough mentally to function under normal stress.
They’re all sooo charming
Young men need to be socialized in such a way that rape is as unthinkable to them as cannibalism.
Mary Pipher, Reviving Ophelia (via erkings)
Are you really this stupid? There’s no need to socialize young men in a way that rape is unthinkable. It already is.
A better sentence would be “Everyone needs to be socialized that rapists don’t give a shit about right and wrong and therefore can’t be socialized, only caught and removed from society”
Because saying we need to “teach men not to rape” is as absurd as saying we need to “teach black people not to steal.” Blaming a whole group for the actions of a few is wrong, no matter who you are talking about.
- Anonymous (via why-we-dont-need-feminism)
Mr. Rogers makes us all look terrible.